07 January 2008

More celebrity pandering...er...publishing

Call me cynical, but the news reported by the BBC that Little Britain star David Walliams is set to publish a children's book doesn't exactly overwhelm me. I mean, when he is quoted as saying, "I hope the story will be funny and thought-provoking," all I can think is, 'doesn't he already know if it is or not?' Perhaps he was misquoted.

This is not even the first brush between children's literature and the Little Britain world; Matt Lucas, the other half of the LB team, stared as Toad of Toad Hall in a decidedly odd live action version of The Wind in the Willows, which I caught on Masterpiece Theatre last year. I think it was one of those projects which must have looked good on paper. I know it looked good when I read the program description on the TV Guide. Watching it, however, was a different matter.

No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin