19 August 2007

Bedtime Stories




The Cat who wanted to go home (Tomlinson, Jill)
The Owl and the Pussycat (Lear, Edward; Anne Mortimer, illus.)
Hooray for Snail! (Stadler, John)

In trying to discover whether or not Hooray for Snail is still in print (thankfully, the answer is yes!) I discovered a little bit of back story by author John Stadler. I also discovered that there are some other Snail stories, which I did not know (although a guru, I can still learn!)

Anne Mortimer's version of The Owl and the Pussycat is a bedtime favorite in our house and has enjoyed repeat readings. I have been a fan of her artwork for many, many years, ever since I first came across Tosca in the supermarket check-out line (there are treasures to be found even in the $3.99 rack.) As far as I am concerned, there is no one who draws cats like she does (although Lesley Anne Ivory is another favorite.) My daughter simply likes the fact that there is a wedding in the story.

No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin