11 September 2008

David Almond's Skellig headed for the silver screen

While trawling through my sadly neglected Google Reader (these late running Sox games are killing me!) I came across this piece from the BBC. For me, the draw is the appearance of John Simms (also known as The Master, for those of you who are not Whovians) as the dad.

I know I've said this before, but I am so leery of book to film adaptations. It seems that there is less and less of a relation between the original source and the end product. I recently watched The Water Horse, which is radically different from the book. And the trailer I saw for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, with a plot development that never happened in the book, completely put me off watching the film. I've not read Skellig (so many books, so little time,) so this might be the film for me.

No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin