14 May 2008

Roald Dahl prize--Give us your funniest book

The Guardian reports the Children's Laureate (UK) Michael Rosen is on a mission to find the funniest children's book. Is this to replace the now defunct Smarties Prize? The prize will be awarded in two categories: books for children 6 and younger and books for children 7 to 14. I will start the nominations with Gorgonzola: A Very Stinkysaurus by Margie Palatini and Tim Bowers (illus) for the 6 and under crowd. For older readers I will nominate Jasper Dash and the Flame-Pits of Delaware by M.T. Anderson. Okay, so I've not even read it yet--not due for release until July--but his other Thrilling Tales have been absolute screams, and I have great faith for this title, too. I reckon Jeff Kinney stands to do well from this prize. I'm sure they are reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid in England, too.

No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin