12 September 2012

Appropos of nothing

So....who watched Saturday's new Doctor Who episode? I did. And I immediately thought of every one's favorite Time Lord when this arrived in Monday's new book order:
You can't go wrong with dinosaurs in a public library. Dinosaur books come second only to Captain Underpants replacement copies in my book order hierarchy. I personally am not big on dinosaurs. But I have a few favorites. In no particular order:

A sentimental favorite, because it was one of the first books I was able to read on my own.


OK--I've not read this one. But I love the retro theme that's rocking the cover.






Here's one I have read--repeatedly. The idea of receiving dinosaurs instead of lollipops when out on errands with mum seems immensely satisfying. As a child I probably would have preferred ponies to dinosaurs-----but still! Free pets!


 According to this cover, I'd say they descended from Heaven! I like the original approach of this title. Folks are usually more interested in where the dinosaurs went.



 :)

What is your favorite dinosaur book?

2 comments:

Spectrum Mom said...

Oooh. I want to repost this or link this or do my own version. What a good idea! Dinosaur Train (no relation to the tv show) is a fun one. And I really like all the Bernard Most dino titles.

Kara Schaff Dean said...

After I posted this I remembered that I also quite like the Bob Shea "Dinosaur vs......" books.

Thanks for stopping by!

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin