11 May 2011

Lunch with an Author--Jerry Pinkney

Now--I know what you're thinking. Two days in a row. Lunch with an author. Is this woman a librarian or a professional nosher? Well, I am a librarian, and this week I have been an especially fortunate one. After dining yesterday with Jacqueline Davies, today I was invited to eat with Caldecott-winning illustrator Jerry Pinkney. He was on a school visit to my daughter's school (those lucky kids!) and the librarian told me to come along to a special luncheon being held in his honor.

My previous degree of separation from Jerry Pinkney--I reviewed this for School Library Journal in Fall 2010. Now, I have lunch!
Jerry talked about his upcoming fall release Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, his current show at the Norman Rockwell Museum, and shared a great story about his relationship with his father, which we all felt should be the subject of a future picture book. He was friendly and personable..... and at the same table as me! Talking picture books! What a thrill.

It's been an exciting week, full of good food and fantastic company. If any other authors are swinging through the Boston area and need a lunch date--my calendar is open.

No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin