05 August 2009

Reading Radar--what's new for the fall

I've just spent a thoroughly pleasant hour or so perusing a new Scholastic catalog, and I have discovered that a lot of my favorite series have new books coming out in September and October! I will be making space on my To Read Pile for:


Julian Rodriguez: Invasion of the Relatives by Alexander Stadler
It's been a long wait for this sequel to Trash Crisis on Earth

Marsupials by Nic Bishop
After Spiders and Moths & Butterflies I'm really hoping that Mr. Bishop sticks with mammals for awhile!

Dog and Bear: 3 to Get Ready by Laura Seeger
And the third book in the series. Dog and Bear: Two's Company, the sophomore offering in this series, was not as strong as the debut. Here is hoping for a return to form for Dog and Bear.

Squire's Quest by Gerald Morris
Very Happy for this return to the Squire's Tales after a few offerings from the Knights' Tales for younger readers.

Happy Birthday Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel
You can never have too much Bad Kitty!

How do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
The same way they get well soon, go to bed, and go to school--with much good humor.

Mr. Putter and Tabby Spill the Beans by Cynthia Rylant
I love how Rylant and illustrator Arthur Howard have made the quiet life of this Octogenarian and his cat so appealing. In our house, the high octane Henry and Mudge too a distant back seat to Mr. Putter and Tabby.

I Spy Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold
Fly Guy's popularity simply grows and grows in my library, and considering the frequency with which books in this series are being released, I would guess that we are indicative of a wider trend.


No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin