01 March 2008

While not quite fan mail.......


It's highly gratifying to know that something I wrote has brought such pleasure to someone else. While I would love it if there was such an enthusiastic response to one of my stories, it's nice to know that my critical writing is being used for good! So yes, I will print this out and keep it safe with the fan letters I got when "The Golden Lion" appeared in Cricket.

But I think it's safe to say that there will be no appreciative missives from Joyce Carol Oates, after what I wrote about her book. I always try to review from a position of honesty, and if a book is rubbish, I try to offer concrete evidence as to why I think is belongs in the bin rather than the stacks. The same with a favorable review. If I'm going to gush, I gush responsibly!

No comments:

Add This

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin